Hosted Evening Wine Hour everyday from 5pm-6pm, and morning coffee and tea service
At The Kimpton George Hotel, we warmly welcome guests
who’ve arrived to make important decisions and pursue
prestigious endeavors. Our goal is to provide an attentiveness and
efficiency that add ease to your job every time you return. Loyal
guests rave about our carefully styled guest rooms, prime downtown
location (one block from Union Station and just a few from the US
Capitol Building), and on-site dining options at beloved Bistro
Bis. Paying homage to the past has never felt so invigorating.
We have some pretty impressive (and powerful) neighbors here on
Capitol Hill; in turn, we enjoy impressing those who enter our
refined yet welcoming boutique space. We take pride in subtly
charming guests with The Kimpton George Hotel’s prime
location, upscale style that carries over into 139 well-appointed
rooms, scrumptious on-site dining, whimsical Kimpton personality
and amenities plus engaging staff members who consistently cater to
your every wish (even those you didn't know you had).
Kimpton Hotels adopted the first national environmental program within the boutique and lifestyle hotel industry. The award winning EarthCare program is designed to support a sustainable world by establishing standards for environmentally friendly products and practices.
EarthCare's first environmental distinction was the 2006 GeoTourism Award from the National Geographic Traveler and Travel Industry Association of America (TIA). Since then, Kimpton hotels have been recognized by the California Environmental Protection Agency, San Francisco Green Business Program, American Hotel and Lodging Association, Massachusetts Good EarthKeeping, Salt Lake City e2 Sustainability Award, Portland BlueWorks and Outstanding Sustainable Style Achievement (OSSA).
- EarthCare Products: Comprehensive recycling facilities; Use of non-chemical cleaning products; use of recycled and natural paper compounds; organic coffee, tea, wine and snacks; low flow water systems (showers, faucets, and toilets); energy efficient lighting; soaps, shampoos, and conditioners made from socially and environmentally responsible companies; reusable mugs replacing plastic, styrofoam, and paper cups; and, signage and displays created to communicate EarthCare to the general public.
- EarthCare Practices: Nationwide Eco Champions Organization of over 50 employees; formal back of house recycling programs; hosted public sustainability event “Come Get Dirty with Us;” weekly tips and environmental information through company newsletter; coat hangers recycled back to dry cleaning company; styrofoam and food packaging eliminated from back of house; towel and linen reuse program; environmental purchasing policy on internal on-line catalog; eWaste recycling program established; created best practices recommendations (over 30 practices and growing) for all hotels to incorporate over the lifetime of the program; and, unused amenities donated to local charities.
- 100% Non-Smoking Property
- ATM/Cash Machine
- Audio/Visual Equipment
- Bell Staff
- Bicycle Rentals (Complimentary)
- Business Center
- Cable/Satellite Television
- City Center Location
- Complimentary Newspaper (Weekdays)
- Electric Car Charging Station
- Fax Service
- Fitness Center
- Front Desk Open 24 Hours
- In-Room Safe
- Massage/Spa Services
- Meeting Facilities
- Non-Smoking Rooms
- Pet Friendly
- Room Service
- Safety Deposit Boxes
- Suites Available
- Valet Parking (Fee)
- Wake-Up Service